Monday, March 31, 2008
My older Sister, Kay, wants to get a stash of cards stamped up for "all occasion cards" and I do too, so this is a great way to get it done and share ideas at the same time.
I need to get a book finished before I head to the library for another stash! Kay is also bringing me out the ones she just finished. We have a deal. She buys them or gets them from a friend, reads them, brings them to me to read and then I post them on PaperbackSwap. When someone gets that book from me, then I find a book or two and order that and then the process starts all over again.
Yesterday, DH and I watched Robinson Crusoe with Pierce Brosnan and also Second Hand Lions. Both good shows. We get our movies from Netflix and it's nice because we usually watch them on the weekends, send them back and then have a couple more for the next weekend. I really like it because you don't have to go to a video store to get them or take them back, you just put them in the mail when you are finished. And, no late fees!
I'll post some photos, later, of what we came up with. ;-)
Have a great day!!!!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
You Are a Snapdragon
|"Mischief is your middle name, but your first is friend. You are quite the prankster that loves to make other people laugh."|
Boy, if this doesn't nail it on the head, I don't know what does ;-) What kind of flower are YOU?
I got online this morning and had a message from my 'lil buddy' Rita Holmes to check out her blog. I was so surprised that she nominated me for the Pico award. It made my day! Thanks Rita!! I am so happy to have a 'partner in crime' so to speak. You never cease to make me smile and laugh. And, you KNOW how much I love to laugh!
There are 5 rules attached to this and they are:
1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award. http://arteypico.blogspot.com/
5) To show these rules.
These are the 5 blogs that I chose. Believe me, this was too dang HARD as I visit lots and lots of blogs over the course of a week and I get inspiration from each and every one that I visit.
What is funny is that some of these gals don't even know I visit their blogs. I need to leave comments more often! :-)
1. Candi Derenfield I love her smile!! And, she stamps and shares, too!!
2. Trudy Osborn I have visited her blog many, many, many times.
3. Melissa Bendabout What a sweetheart! Check out her blog.
4. Jamie Dennett I love going here for Christian inspiration. She is also an online friend of mine and I just think she's awesome!
5. Annette Brisse Just a fantastic Angel I am so privileged to know!
Whew....like I said, that was just too dang hard. There are SO many amazing gals out there.
Have a wonderful day,
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Not that either of us would even DREAM of doing that. ;-)
So, since March was his month, he took me to a Custom Car Show. And, YES, I did enjoy it. I loved seeing all the beautiful cars and all the hard work that went into creating these beauties.
I was a little miffed that there wasn't a '57 Chevy in the mix anywhere, but they had a '54, '55 and '56 so it was ok.
There were cars there that I have never seen before, except in photos. It was fantastic to see them and try and visualize what that car was involved in...during it's era ;-)
My hubby has a '73 Ranchero that he is refurbishing and he ran across a booth that only sells parts for that make of car and a couple of others. He was in 7th Heaven. He got a catalog and couldn't wait to get home to start looking. I was equally as happy for him cause now he can get busy fixing up his car. Who knows, maybe a few years from now, he'll enter it.
Next month is my turn, so I am thinking, thinking, thinking!!! Then, he has May already planned, a trip to the coast! I have the end of May (which will probably be my 'June', since they are really busy at work during the summer months and we have our grand kids) and I have a camping trip planned.
Do you do special dates with your hubby? We have found it sure helps to break up the day to day activities and gives us something to plan for. It doesn't have to be something HUGE, like a trip or cruise or something...check your local newspaper and events center to see some of the free or low cost events you can take part in.
And, hey, who knows, I may even take up fishing this year ;-)
I got the idea from Scor Pal's website. Thanks to Rita Kegg for this idea!
I let them choose which image they wanted to use from the set. It was watching them all make them different. They have decided this would be a fun project for one of their luncheons.The next card we did was really simple using "Every day Events" from the TAC catalog and TAC MM cardstcok. This card actually came about because I was trying to come up with another idea and just couldn't seem to get it to 'come' together. I had all these punched out shapes and while I was standing there .....I started laying out the punched shapes and came up with a simple card. Who would have thunk??? Sometimes, simple is best ;-)
Remember, just a few more days till I draw a winner for the TAC set, mentioned a few days earlier. Remember to leave a comment on that post to be entered in the drawing.
Have a Great day!
Friday, March 28, 2008
She used the TAC set "I Love Easter" Love the scalloped circle! Love everything about this card.
Have a Great day!!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Today I will be preparing for a TAC workshop scheduled for Friday morning, so I will share what I come up with later today or tomorrow.
I wanted to share a seatbelt that is new on the market, although, it will NEVER be used in my car. Funny, that the woman in the photo has red hair, tho...hmmmm!
I'll return later today!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
I DID get a couple of projects finished this afternoon, though.
Here is my first project using the Bind It All (BIA). How fun and easy it is to use once you get the hang of it! I printed out directions here and followed those and it was very easy to understand.
This is part of the Stamp of the Month set that will be coming out in April called "Friendly Greetings" TAC-2784
And, another one using TAC Juliette papers that was made by one of my downline, Peg Bumgardner.
Have a great evening!!!
Well, today is a new day. I plan on playing a little when my Sister gets here. I'll come back and upload some things when I am finished.
It's fun seeing all the comments on the Goodie blog. And, NO...it's not an April Fool's joke ;-) Not that I am not capable of an April Fool's joke as that is one of my favorite days of the year.
I was reading some blogs early this morning around 5:30am because it was too dang cold (15º) to do much else, especially till I had had my morning coffee.
One of the tips I saw on one mentioned that she had started hanging her 'goodies' with binder rings. I have been doing that for quite awhile, but she also said she used the 'name tag' bag clips and I hadn't thought to do that. So, next trip to Wally World, I'll have to pick up some. It sure makes it easier having a way for your 'STUFF' handy.
I have two vinyl covered wire shelves above my stamp desk and I keep boxes of various things up there as well as my decorative papers etc. Then, I just use the holes below to use my binder rings.
It makes it so much easier to just reach up and grab what I want rather than having to get up and go thru drawers for the necessary embellishments.
Monday, March 24, 2008
I thought, how fun to have a little drawing and give away a stamp set! And, all you have to do to enter is just leave your name and e-mail in the comment section on my blog.
On April 1st, I will draw a name from the comments left and someone will be getting this stamp set. It is even already cut out and ready to be used! How easy is that?
And, YES....if you are also an Angel or in my down line ....heck yes, you can enter!!!
Friday, March 21, 2008
I thought I would share one more idea, tonight before heading to bed. This is a bookmark we did at my last FUNshop. The gals loved it. The stamp is from a TAC set called "An Udder Birthday"
I am going to do more cards using this set and will post them later.
Have a great weekend!!!
I have been busy playing with this set, Butterfly Swirls. The first card is a 3x3. It has someStickles on the wings, but it's hard to tell in the photo.
The second one was done with alcohol and reinkers.....I like the way it turned out. I love that technique.
I learned something new, tonight, while blog hopping. I learned how to add a Signature to my blog. You can find out how to do it here. Giving credit where credit is due :-)
Tomorrow hubby and I are going to attend a Classic Car show. Sounds like fun! Have a wonderful weekend and a fabulous Easter!!!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
1. If your doctor told you TODAY that you were pregnant, what would you say?
I'd say, she better get another lab to do her work ;-) Or I just qualified for Miracle of the year.
2. When was the last time you flew in a plane? June 2007 when I went to The Angel Company's seminar.
3. What did the last text message you sent say? I don’t send/receive text messages.
4. What features do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?
A sense of humor, Oh and a nice smile and gorgeous eyes works too!
5. What is a goal you would like to accomplish in the near future? Clean and organize my stamp room.
6. Shoe size? 8 1/2W
7. Been to Mexico? Nope
8. When is the last time you had a massage? Years and years ago.
9. What was the last TV show you watched? Big Brother (oh brother). I am a reality show fan. Love to watch Celebrity Apprentice, Survivor, Amazing Race etc.
10. What are your plans for the weekend? Going to a car show!
11. If your significant other asked you to marry them TODAY what would you say? I'd say he asked me 39 years ago, but hey.....it's nice to know he'd do it again ;-)
12. What is in the back seat of your car right now? My Stamp Store and stuff for a TAC Funshop this morning.
13. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? It's not even 7am yet, so I will say I'll be fixing my hair and getting ready to head out.
14. If you could marry any celebrity today who would it be?
I don't think any of them could be better
than the one I already have. But, if I hadn't already met my hubby and if I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt he would be faithful....I would have to say hmmmmmm.....I'll have to get back to you on that ;-) If it was someone funny....they
probably aren't funny on an every day basis.
If it was someone good looking.....so what? It has to be someone that has core values. So, I'll just keep the one I have.
15. Have you ever been to a strip club? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....No
16. What is the best ice cream flavor? Chocolate Peanut butter
17. What is the last sporting event you watched? PBR Professional Bull Riding, on TV of course. My hubby would LOVE to go to one someday!
18. Ever go camping? Yes, been camping in a tent when I was young...and now we have a RV and we like to go for a few days now and then. We get to go to the coast for Mother's Day. YIPPPPEEE!!! Can't wait!
19. Last phone call? My older Sister, Kay!
20. Are you allergic to anything? I’m allergic to something, but not sure what because I have never been tested. I definitely can't stand to be around cigarette smoke, tho, it plugs me up.
21. What is one thing you have learned about life recently? "Put your big girl panties on and deal with it" Don't sweat the small stuff!
22. What do you do at work? I demonstrate how to make cards and do paper crafts, but I wouldn't call it work....it's more fun than work.
23. What is your mom's name? My Mom passed away in 1998, her name was Dorothy.
24. Ever cried for no reason? I am sure I did while going through the 'change'.
25. Can you do the Crank Dat dance? What the heck is that?
26. What is your favorite color to wear? Teal
27. What is the longest plane ride you have ever been on? From Oregon to PA. ( Some day I hope to be able to say Australia)
28. What is the longest road trip you have ever taken? Once we were out on the road (my hubby was an OTR trucker) for 3 months.
29. What are your turn offs? People who think they are better than others! And, phonies!
30. What was your last alcoholic beverage? Probably a wine cooler....months and months ago.
31. What are you craving right now? Breakfast
Sunday, March 9, 2008
As I said, yesterday, I have been having fun doing some other hobbies and interests of mine and one of those is reading. Maybe it's the time of year, I don't know, but I have just been devouring books lately.
I have made so many trips to the library, spend time browsing their catalog online and am on a couple of yahoo groups where we discuss the books we have read. It's great fun!!!
I recently joined paperbackswap club online, although, I have received some hard cover books as well. The basic rules are that you post 10 books and they give you credits to 'buy' books from other club members. Then, as you 'sell' your books, you receive more credits with which you can 'buy' more books. Actually, you are only using credits to 'buy' your books. Another way to earn credits is to spread the word. You really need to check this out! And if you do sign up, please list my email, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the referral section because then I get another free book. This is a great club http://www.PaperBackSwap.com/ .
I just finished "Friday Night Knitting Club" last night. I have been reading the Cedar Cove Series by Debbie Macomber and started her 6th in the series, "6 Rainier Drive", right after I put the other book down. It is set in the fictional town of Cedar Cove but is really based on the town where she lives, Port Orchard, WA. Love these books!!
Tomorrow, I make samples using my two new stamp sets, so I'll share those then.
Have a great Sunday!!
Saturday, March 8, 2008
I know, I know....I haven't been blogging much. I have to learn to blog first thing in the morning and just 'git er done'. I so admire those of you who blog every day and STAMP every day. My gosh!
I haven't been stamping this last week as I wanted to finish my Granddaughter's afghan (poor kid has been waiting on this for over two years)...and I finished it last night!!! That's one of this year's goals crossed off my list!
The colors are bright!!! But, this is what she chose. She will be excited that I finally got it finished!
This year, tho, I have made up my mind to broaden my horizons and do other crafts that I enjoy, too. Not that I am giving up stamping or even putting it on the back burner...NO WAY.... I just have so many things I want to do and accomplish this year and this is the year I am going to try to do more 'firsts' for me!
I have always been a bit of an adventurer, but as I have gotten older, I seem to have got stuck in a rut, so I made a list of things I want to TRY to do this year and for things that I already do, like crocheting, knitting, reading.... I want to try to take it up a notch!
Now I am ready to begin another one. I saw a really cool afghan photo, online, and would love to give it a try.
Is this gorgeous or what? We'll see if I can add that to my list, as well!
I really need to get back to some stamping this week!!! I just received my TAC order and am really anxious to make some samples using the "Butterfly Swirls" and "An Udder Birthday" stamp sets.
Maybe I'll get to that this weekend in between cleaning my stamp room AGAIN and catching up on other things around the house.
I have my Stamp Club on Wednesday and we are going to make......what else.....Flip Flop books! I am sure you are getting SICK of me talking about them, but they are just so dang fun to make.
Then, on Thursday, a Funshop where we'll be doing a bookmark and a spring card using the two new stamp sets I just received. I am looking forward to that.
Oh and have I mentioned that I am reading TONS and TONS this year so far!!! Reading has been something I have always enjoyed, but this year, I am trying some new to me, authors and trying to reach my goal of 100 books read in a year. It's been fun! I can't believe how many authors are out there...let alone BOOKS!!!
If you have never been to fantasticfiction, and you like to read, you have to go check it out. I could spend HOURS on that site. And, of course, I love going to my library, online, and browsing and requesting books. That way, all I have to do is just go pick them up. I save time, right? WRONG....cause once I get in there....I just HAVE to look to see what else is available.
Spring is just around the corner, so don't forget to turn your clocks ahead tonight.
We just got our seeds from Gurney's and are anxious to get them in the ground. But, that too will have to wait a little while longer till the temps warm up a bit and DH gets the raised beds built.
Have a fantasTac weekend.
Monday, March 3, 2008
After being sick for almost a week, it was good to get out in the fresh air. Annie played and swam in the reservoir, hubby fished and I just enjoyed the fresh air.
My hubby fishing.
Annie wanting to go swimming.
And almost home!
Mt Jefferson on our way home.
After getting home, we had to give Annie a bath. Man she was DIRTY!! But she had fun!!
I just enjoyed the day catching up on e-mail. David watched his NASCAR and then Bull Riding and I did a little crocheting on my granddaughter, Nicki's, afghan. It's about half way finished.
I am waiting for my order to get here from TAC. It's on it's way.....maybe today? Can't wait to play with my new stamps!
Have a great day!!!